Scholarship & Tuition Assistance Programs
BAU wants every student to succeed. Therefore, the university offers a variety of scholarships and tuition assistance to qualified students. A specified number of scholarships are available every year. These programs are for tuition only and do not apply to student fees or living expenses.
Merit-based Tuition Assistance
This can be earned by either
-submitting a valid SAT, GMAT, or GRE score with your application
-submitting a scholarship essay with your application
Tuition assistance is awarded based on the cumulative application: Exam scores, GPA, letters of recommendation, essay, extracurricular activities, etc. Click HERE for more information!
Global Scholarship Exam (GSE) Scholarship
-This scholarship is earned by taking the GSE in your home country.
(Currently ONLY offered in Mongolia), click HERE for more information!
Tuition Assistance for DMV Applicants
– This scholarship is earned by submitting an additional scholarship essay with your application.
– Click HERE to see if you qualify!
BAU makes agreements with governments, embassies, government offices, NGOs, and private companies and other educational institutions (Bahcesehir and Ugur Educational Institutions, Mentora College, etc) . During the student’s application process, they can consult with the admissions officer to see if there is an institutional agreement signed with their institution.
Our alumni get 35% tuition assistance if they pursue a second degree with BAU.
Click HERE to see if you qualify!
FIRST Robotics Program
Bay Atlantic University is proud to support ambitious STEM degree-seeking students. This year BAU will grant scholarships to students who have participated in the FIRST Robotics Program for a full season. Click HERE to see if you qualify!
James Wormley Full-Tuition Scholarship:
This scholarship, named after Washington DC’s prominent 19th century African American entrepreneur and educator, will be awarded to 5 high-achieving students from DC’s Public and Public Charter schools to attend Bay Atlantic University.
Requirements in Maintaining Scholarship
Students who earn a scholarship of any category should meet the following criteria to maintain the scholarship:
1) Continuously enroll in courses to meet graduation requirements (unless taking an approved Leave of Absence), and
2) Maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 at Undergraduate and 3.0 at Graduate level for any semester, and
3) Avoid any disciplinary action for any reason. In addition to these, if the scholarship is awarded to the student for any reason other than the standardized exam scores and the student withdraws from the enrolled program in order to transfer to another higher education institution, the student is required to pay the tuition amount back to BAU for all course credits completed since the scholarship was awarded.
Tuition Assistance Re-evaluation
Undergraduate students who have completed 15 credits at BAU and graduate students who have completed 9 credits at BAU can request a tuition assistance re-evaluation. Click here to download the Re-evaluation Application Form.
Please follow the steps below so that the scholarship committee can review your case.
(1) Fill out the application for tuition assistance re-evaluation
(2) Write the letter of intent AND essay as instructed on pages 2 – 4
(3) Submit your completed application to [email protected] by the following deadlines:
NOTE: If plagiarism is found in the application, it will automatically be rejected. Each student can only apply for the tuition assistance re-evaluation ONCE during their program.
Scholarship disclaimer and policy:
All prospective and current students may apply for a BAU Institutional Scholarship, regardless of their nationality, enrollment status (part or full time), or academic history. In awarding scholarships, we do take financial need into consideration, but our scholarship system is based primarily on merit (demonstrated academic achievement or other personal accomplishments). Scholarships are determined by the Scholarship Committee, which meets weekly (biweekly during holiday seasons) to review applications and award scholarships for the following academic semester. Application results are emailed to all applicants.
*For more information about scholarship opportunities, or to request scholarship application materials, please contact our Admissions team at [email protected]