BAU’s Undocumented Student Policy
Bay Atlantic University is and has always been an institution that deeply values diversity and acceptance. Since it’s founding, BAU has always welcomed students and faculty from all over the world and supports student backgrounds without exception. Throughout these times of uncertainty and ambiguity, Bay Atlantic University strives to encourage all students to become global citizens and lean on one another in times of need. It is our duty to uphold the tradition of common decency and respect that BAU was built on.
BAU provides the following support and assurances to our undocumented students by upholding these commitments:
- Information about application for admission and financial aid may be provided to prospective students, regardless of immigration status.
- BAU will not ask admitted or prospective students if they are undocumented, nor will proof of immigration status be requested at any point.
- BAU security will not hold, question, or arrest BAU students on the basis of immigration alone.
- BAU security will not participate in joint immigration enforcement efforts with other law enforcement officials or agencies, unless required by law or court mandated.
- Bay Atlantic University will refer students in need of legal assistance to applicable and available resources.
Apply to BAU as an Undocumented Individual
To remain consistent with these inclusive values, students who are undocumented (with or without DACA) are welcome to apply to Bay Atlantic University. Citizenship is not a condition for admissions, nor is proof of citizenship requested by admissions. Any and all candidates for admission to BAU are evaluated on the basis of their academic strength and fit with the University.
To apply to BAU as an undocumented individual, simply follow the standard application process regardless of your country of citizenship, immigration status, residency, or school location. If you are an undocumented or DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival) individual, you are considered a domestic high school student within the application process.
Required documents include:
-Official High School Transcript
-Proof of Residency
-Two Letters of Recommendation
-One Application Essay
Bay Atlantic University does not require an SAT score or ACT score to apply. Undocumented students are not required to submit English Proficiency Exam scores (those with U.S high school transcripts). The admissions process is confidential, immigration status is not considered by our admissions committee nor is any individual information concerning immigration status shared outside of the admissions office.
Undocumented individuals are not eligible to receive federal financial aid. All prospective students regardless of immigration status are eligible for the same merit-based aid and residency-based aid offered to all students. Scholarship funds are available for qualified students and offered on the basis of academic merit.
*For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact our Admission team at [email protected]