Coat of Arms & Mascot
Coat of Arms
Bay Atlantic University, from its deep roots in the Nation’s Capital, is engaged in bringing radiant knowledge to the Global Community in a spirit of peace, and respect for all; with the deep conviction that the serious pursuit of education will bring down barriers, this way enhancing peace and good will among all Nations.
• The open book symbolizes our strong commitment to continuously improving quality education
• The globe symbolizes our global reach, diversity, and inclusiveness
• The blue hatching pattern represents the Potomac River
• The rising sun symbolizes hope and new radiant knowledge coming from BAU
• The cherry branches convey our endeavor for harmony and peace among nations
• Finally, the BAU motto, “Peace through Education,” gives clear scope and meaning to the entire symbol
BAU’s mascot is a dolphin to represent the values and the meaning embedded in our Coat of Arms.
From time immemorial, in many cultures’, dolphins have been celebrated and admired by humans.
Dolphins are unique creatures that strive to achieve in any habitat they choose or are thrust into. They are highly intelligent mammals that have achieved perfect adaptation as sea creatures.
Just like dolphins, we in the BAU Community strive to be Adaptable, Agile, Intelligent, Fast, Sociable, Curious, and Friendly to all.