Employees that are qualified to handle administrative roles are needed continuously in business organizations.
A BBA program prepares graduates for a wide range of industries as diverse as marketing, utilities, fashion, health, human resources, and construction. There are many management and analyst job opportunities in the for-profit, nonprofit, and public sectors.
Business Administration Jobs
With its wide array of courses, students will acquire broad business knowledge and fundamental business administration skills applicable to almost every career field. Below, we have listed some positions graduates can pursue after graduation.
Human Resources Manager
These managers organize and direct a company’s human resources activities, including helping settle work-related issues, recommending policy changes, initiating disciplinary measures, and ensuring compliance with the law.
What does a human resources manager do?
A human resources manager’s job description consists of tasks like:
- Planning and coordinating an organization’s staff to best use employees’ talents
- Supervising and supporting the work of staff
- Planning and overseeing employee benefit programs
- Leading an organization’s recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring processes
- Linking an organization’s management with its employees
- Handling staffing issues, such as mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures
- Serving as a consultant with other managers and advising them on human resources issues, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment
Human resources manager salary
The average human resources manager salary is $105,161. However, the range typically falls between $93,451 and $117,667.
Advertising managers guide and organize a company’s marketing policies and related activities, including identifying potential clients, developing pricing strategies, and monitoring patterns suggesting the need for new goods and services.
What does an advertising manager do?
An advertising managers duties are:
- Gathering and organizing information to plan advertising campaigns
- Directing the hiring of advertising, promotions, and marketing staff
- Overseeing their staffs’ daily activities
- Developing pricing strategies for products to be marketed, balancing the goals of a firm with customer satisfaction
- Negotiating advertising contracts
- Inspecting layouts, such as sketches or plans for an advertisement
- Planning the advertising, including which media to advertise in
- Meeting with clients to provide marketing or technical advice
- Working with executives or staff to discuss topics such as contracts or products to be advertised
Advertising manager salary
The average Advertising Manager salary is $99,585. However, the range typically falls between $87,174 and $119,746.
Management analysts—also referred to as management consultants—identify ways to boost performance, decrease costs, and raise sales. They review financial reports, expenses, and data on income and jobs and make decisions using that information.
What does a management analyst do?
Some responsibilities of management analysts are:
- Collecting and organizing information to improve procedures
- Gathering business or financial data
- Creating solutions or alternative practices
- Interviewing personnel and conducting on-site observations to determine the methods, equipment, and personnel that will be needed
- Examining financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports
- Analyzing data gathered and developing solutions or alternative methods of proceeding
- Recommending new systems, procedures, or organizational changes
- Effectively communicating with personnel to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures
Management analyst salary
The average Management Analyst salary is $96,055. However, the range typically falls between $50,095 and $142,016.
A sales manager oversees a company’s sales team. They recruit and manage new sales reps, set sales goals, and develop training programs to help staff reach set goals. They also work closely with the company’s divisions of marketing and design.
What does a sales manager do?
A sales manager’s job description includes:
- Overseeing regional and local sales managers and their staffs
- Determining discount rates or unique pricing plans
- Monitoring consumer preferences to determine the focus of sales
- Planning and coordinating training programs for sales staff
- Resolving customer complaints regarding sales and services
- Projecting sales and determining the profitability of products and services
- Analyzing sales statistics
- Preparing budgets and approving budget expenditures
Sales manager salary
The average sales manager salary is $117,969. However, the range typically falls between $99,858 and $138,613.
✅ Request information on BAU's programs TODAY!
A cost estimator uses data to estimate the time, money, and materials needed to create a product or provide a service. They can work with engineers, architects, contractors, and sales teams, depending on the industry.
What does a cost estimator do?
A cost estimator works on tasks such as:
- Gathering information on materials needed, labor required, and other factors
- Developing a plan for the duration of a project
- Using computer software to input data and calculate estimates
- Meeting with clients, engineers, architects, and contractors on estimates
- Meeting with industry experts to resolve issues and discuss estimates
- Evaluating a product’s profitability or cost-effectiveness
- Reading technical documents or blueprints to prepare estimates
- Collaborating with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Identifying cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Recommending ways to make a product more profitable or cost-effective
- Suggesting ways to make an existing product more cost-effective or profitable
Cost estimator salary
The national average salary for a cost estimator is $56,571.
Business analysts are the interface between the users and the project manager. They gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents. Also, a business analyst conducts market analysis for both product lines and the business’s overall profitability.
What does a business analyst do?
A business analyst’s duties mainly involve:
- Leading business process assessments and designing methods for optimization
- Staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and technical developments to modernize processes
- Documenting and sharing the outcomes of their efforts
- Assessing company processes and identifying areas for change
- Performing requirements analysis
- Conducting meetings and presentations with staff to exchange opinions and outcomes
Business analyst salary
The average Business Analyst salary is $76,729. However, the salary range typically falls between $68,901 and $85,719.
The vast majority of career opportunities is just one of the benefits the business degree offers. If you’re looking to start your career and expand your job opportunities, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration is the ideal route to do so.