Are you ready to make a bigger difference on the environmental and sustainability causes you care about ? DC Environmental Advocacy Youth Camp is a week-long, in-residency training camp in Washington, DC. It is designed to invest in the future of our youth by educating students on environmental stewardship to racial inequality, along with how to advocate for their earth and serve their communities.
• Offer an experiential learning experience through field trips, service projects and advocacy field work
• Train students about, designing, and/or participating in climate solutions in their homes and communities
• Educate students on how to advocate, coordinate and/or implement community-level solutions through policy, design plans, facilitated community forums, or other community-based strategies
• To inspire students to design green infrastructure, such as developing new technology, designing new systems, building engineering prototypes, advancing clean transportation
Students will present their advocacy *At the end of the camp and receive a Bay Atlantic environmental advocate youth certificate upon completing the program.
What is included:
• Room and Board
• Three meals a day
• Airport pick up and drop off, along with daily local transportation.
What is not included:
• Flight tickets
• Visa fees
• Health Insurance (Students should arrange their health insurance before coming to the US.)